Second suspect arrested in fatal Harford shooting

CRIME WATCH

August 27, 2007|By Julie Bykowicz

A second man wanted in a Harford County killing this month has been arrested.

Nicholas Daron Porter, 27, surrendered Saturday to Harford County sheriff's deputies, said a spokeswoman, Sgt. Chris Presberry.

Porter is charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the Aug. 11 shooting death of Samuel David Horne, 25. Porter was being held at the Harford County Detention Center pending his bond review today.

Last week, police in Stamford, Conn., arrested Sean Nelson Smith, 28, who is charged in a warrant with first-degree murder. Two other suspects remained at large, and a fifth man believed to be involved in Horne's death had not been identified, Presberry said.

Along with Smith and Porter, warrants have been issued for Vance Edwin Major, 28, on first-degree murder charges, and Ravon Leonard Watson, 27, on charges of conspiracy to commit murder.

Horne, 25, was fatally shot after an argument in the 1800 block of Brookside Drive in Edgewood. It was the county's second of four homicides this year.

Three of those killings - including a stabbing death yesterday morning - occurred in Edgewood, which police have called the epicenter of gang-related violence in the county.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.