Tom Noonan grew up in the Midwest and calls Rochester, Minn., his hometown, but he fell in love with the Mid-Atlantic when a job opportunity took him to Washington, D.C., several years ago.
After spending time in Texas, he moved to Baltimore at the end of December to become head of the city's main tourism organization.
"This is like coming home," Noonan says.
Noonan, 42, lives with his wife, Mindy, in Canton with their miniature dachshund, Macy.
1. New music for my iPod "I'm a fan of all kinds of music. ... I have about 6,000 songs. ... I need to get more."
2. Wild boar pasta and tuna carpaccio appetizer from Aldo's Italian restaurant "I love sushi, and the tuna carpaccio is sushi grade. It's fantastic. ... The wild boar pasta has a great flavor and it's decadent. ... I have it every other time I go there."
3. A new gym membership "I'm a recovering former workout-aholic in need of a serious relapse."
4. Plane tickets to St. Barts or Ireland "We went to St. Barts on our honeymoon, and we're definitely going back. It was wonderful. ... I went [to Ireland] once with my dad and brothers, and I went with [my] wife and friend. ... I love the people; they are very friendly. I love the weather. ... It's just beautiful there."
5. Green fees for a foursome at Bulle Rock Golf Course in Havre de Grace "I haven't played it yet, and a lot of people tell me it's the best course in Maryland, and I want to check it out."