Elizabeth A. Linhardt, 91

Ran husband's doctor office

June 27, 2007

Elizabeth Agnes Linhardt, a homemaker who was office manager for her husband, an Eastport surgeon, died of artery disease Saturday at Spa Creek Center. The Annapolis resident was 91.

Born Elizabeth Agnes Weishaar in Baltimore and raised in Violetville, she was a 1933 Western High School graduate. She trained as an X-ray technician at St. Agnes Hospital, where she met her future husband, Elmer George Linhardt, then an intern. They married in 1938, and he became a surgeon. They lived in Eastport.

Mrs. Linhardt assisted her husband as an office manager and X-ray technician. They retired in 1973.

She was a member of the state auxiliary of the Maryland Medical and Chirurgical Society. For 30 years, she was state chairman of the American Medical Association's Educational Research Foundation.

She and her husband helped set up a health room in St. Mary's Roman Catholic School in Annapolis. Mrs. Linhardt ran the health room for 12 years and, with her husband, stocked it with equipment and supplies. She was also Fund-Frolic decorations chairman for monthly fundraising dances held at the school.

She enjoyed gardening and archery, and she played the piano. She also was an animal fancier.

A funeral service will be held at 9:30 a.m. today at St. Mary's Church, 109 Duke of Gloucester St. in Annapolis.

Survivors include a son, Dr. George Elmer Linhardt Jr. of Eastport; a daughter, Angela Elizabeth Linhardt, also of Eastport; a brother, Charles G. Weishaar of Ferndale; three sisters, Audrey Slusher of Wynnewood near Arbutus, Marie C. Talley of Englewood, Fla., and Mary Elizabeth Raines of Harmans; and two granddaughters. Her husband died in 1983.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.