Meredith R. Wilson, a retired Towson attorney and developer, died Tuesday of complications from a fall at the Blakehurst retirement community in Towson. He was 91 and had previously lived in Mays Chapel.
Mr. Wilson was born in Baltimore, raised in Madonna and was a 1932 graduate of Jarrettsville High School.
He earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1936 and a law degree from the University of Maryland School of Law in 1942.
He enlisted in the Army in 1942 and was commander of a combat intelligence unit in Europe. He attained the rank of captain, and his decorations included the Bronze Star.
Mr. Wilson, whose specialty was real property law, joined the Baltimore law firm of Skeen, Wilson & Coughlin in 1948 and later became a partner. In 1969, he joined the Towson firm of Askew, Wilson & DiCicco, where he also became a partner. From 1985 until his retirement in the late 1980s, he was a partner in the firm of Thomas & Wilson.
In the 1950s, Mr. Wilson built and developed Sunnybrook, a development near Jacksonville, Baltimore County. Residents there recently honored him at a 50th anniversary celebration.
From 1984 to 2002, Mr. Wilson had lived in Boca Raton, Fla.
A Presbyterian elder, Mr. Wilson was a member of Towson Presbyterian Church, 400 W. Chesapeake Ave., where a memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. today.
Surviving are his wife of 63 years, the former Arlette Tetu; two sons, David A. Wilson of Lutherville and James L. Wilson of Timonium; two daughters, Pamela W. Tillman of Timonium and Kimberly A. Hershfeld of Millers; six grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.