Crime Watch


December 30, 2006

Suspect in Harford killing arrested in Ga.

A man wanted in the fatal shooting in July of an Edgewood man was arrested in Georgia yesterday on unrelated charges, police said.

Acting on a drug tip, investigators from the Bibb County Sheriff's Office arrested Kyvelle Jamaas Martin, 22, in North Macon, Ga., according to a statement from the Harford County Sheriff's Department.

Martin, formerly of the 1400 block of Brookside Drive in Edgewood, had been wanted in the killing of 20-year-old Keith Harold Rowlette of Edgewood, police said.

Rowlette was shot in the face July 12, allegedly after a dispute with Martin, police said.

At the time of his arrest, Martin had approximately 100 Ecstasy pills, an ounce of cocaine, an ounce of marijuana and more than $1,000 on him, police said.

He was being held in Georgia on charges of drug possession with intent to distribute and awaiting extradition procedures to determine when he would be returned to Maryland, police said.

Julie Scharper

Man is city's 273rd homicide victim

Baltimore police found a man shot in the stomach Thursday night at a home in Southwest Baltimore, and the man later died at a hospital.

Police responded to a home in the 2700 block of Kinsey Ave, in the Southwestern District, about 9:35 p.m. in response to a 911 call, police said. Officers found the man wounded in the stomach inside a home, and paramedics took him to St. Agnes Hospital, where he died about 10:30 p.m., police said.

Police said they had not yet identified the man, who was the city's 273rd homicide victim. A spokesman said the man was found alone in the house.

Gus G. Sentementes

Man held after police standoff

A man who barricaded himself inside a Baltimore home on Thursday after allegedly committing a string of robberies is being held without bail at the Baltimore County detention center, county police said yesterday.

Paul Fitzgerald Hamby, 43, of no fixed address has been charged with four counts of robbery, county police said.

According to authorities, about noon Thursday Hamby led police on a pursuit from Baltimore County into the city and barricaded himself in a rowhouse. He was arrested about 7 p.m. by members of the city police SWAT team, authorities said.

Nick Shields

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.