Crime Watch


December 28, 2006

Man killed, woman injured in attack

A man and a woman were found shot - one fatally - early yesterday in a Northeast Baltimore rowhouse in an attack that city police said might have occurred during a home invasion.

Officers responding to reports of a shooting shortly after 4:30 a.m. found the victims in separate rooms of a house in the 2500 block of Garrett Ave., said Agent Donny Moses, a police spokesman.

The man, 46, had been shot several times in the head and was pronounced dead at the scene, Moses said.

The 43-year-old woman was being treated at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Moses said, adding that she was expected to survive.

Police did not release the victims' names, pending notification of relatives. Moses said it was unclear whether they were related.

The spokesman said it appeared to homicide detectives that the front door to the rowhouse "had been forced open by unknown assailants who went through the house, demanded money and opened fire on the two victims."

Moses said detectives do not suspect anything was taken, and they did not know whether the victims knew their attackers.

The man became the city's 272nd homicide victim of this year, compared with 267 at the same time last year. Baltimore has already surpassed last year's total homicide count of 269.

1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting

Two women were found shot, one fatally, last night in a house in Glyndon in an incident that Baltimore County police described as an attempted murder-suicide.

Police said they received a 911 call shortly before 7 p.m. from an unidentified person reporting that someone had been shot or stabbed.

Franklin Precinct officers responded to the house in the 200 block of Pennington Ave., where they found one woman dead from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound and the other bleeding from a bullet wound to the back.

Investigators were attempting to determine a motive for the incident and the relationship of the women, whose names were not released.

The wounded woman was flown by a state police helicopter to Maryland Shock Trauma Center. Her condition was not available.

Richard Irwin

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.