Candle blamed in fatal house fire

November 07, 2006|By Annie Linskey | Annie Linskey,SUN REPORTER

The West Baltimore rowhouse fire that claimed the lives of two men last month was caused by a candle, said Chief Theodore Saunders, the city fire marshal.

Robert Hunt and Ernest Hickman died in the blaze. Two women were injured. Both were treated at hospitals.

The fire started about 4 a.m. while 10 people were sleeping in the house in the 1900 block of E. Hoffman St. The home had not been served by BGE for a decade.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.