Dam and river provide function, fun

PICTURE THIS

Maryland through the eyes of Sun photographers

July 10, 2006|By PHOTOS BY JOHN MAKELY | PHOTOS BY JOHN MAKELY,SUN PHOTOGRAPHER

The Prettyboy Dam, completed in 1933, created Prettyboy Reservoir. Gunpowder Falls, the river below the dam, has become an ideal spot to cool off, hike along the trails and get away from the city.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.