Hugh M. Clement Jr., 85, dental school faculty member

June 07, 2006

Dr. Hugh M. Clement Jr., a retired Timonium dentist and former University of Maryland faculty member, died of cancer May 30 at St. Joseph Medical Center. The Timonium resident was 85.

The son of a dentist, he was born in Baltimore and raised on Edmondson Avenue. He was a 1937 graduate of City College, and earned his degree at the University of Maryland Dental School.

During World War II, he served in the Army Medical Corps in Africa, where he met his future wife, Enrica Calandra. They were married in August 1946.

In 1954, he established a practice and for many years shared an office on Baltimore National Pike with his brother, Dr. Thomas F. Clement of Woodbine.

Dr. Hugh Clement later moved his practice to Padonia Road in Timonium and also was a clinical instructor at the UM dental school.

In his free time, he built model trains.

A funeral Mass was offered Friday at St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church in Cockeysville, where he was a member.

In addition to his wife and brother, survivors include three daughters, Enrica Anne Tendler of Camas, Wash., and Deborah Annette Swanson and Diana Hope Ginn, both of Arvada, Colo.; two sisters, Mary C. Noble of Baltimore and Anne C. Gehring of Towson; two grandchildren; and two great-grandsons.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.