Convicted murderer acquitted in 4th killing

March 04, 2006|By JULIE BYKOWICZ

A three-time convicted murderer was acquitted yesterday by a Baltimore jury on a fourth murder charge.

Antoine Edward Adams, 32, was charged with the Jan. 14, 2005, robbery and shooting death of Justin Michael Gaglione, 29, in the 300 block of E. 20 1/2 St.

The jury found Adams not guilty of the charges of first-degree murder, robbery and assault, and, after almost 10 hours of deliberations, was unable to reach verdicts on the charges of first-degree felony murder and use of a handgun during a crime of violence.

Prosecutors said they dismissed those charges because the acquittals bar them from seeking a new trial.

Adams, of the 500 block of N. Patterson Park Ave., is serving three consecutive sentences of life without parole and a consecutive term of 60 years for the murders of Penelope Medina, 42, Theresa Moore, 51, and Michael Mick, 40.

Moore and Mick were shot execution-style in their home Jan. 20, 2005, in the 800 block of N. Bradford St., and Medina was killed in the 2100 block of E. Fayette St.

A co-defendant in the double-homicide pleaded guilty in September to two counts of second-degree murder. Under the terms of a plea agreement, Richard Alexander Damon Jr. was sentenced to two 20-year prison terms, to be served concurrently.

Damon, 36, of the 5600 block of Force Road also had been charged in the Gaglione killing, but prosecutors dropped those charges.

Police said all four killing were the result of efforts by the men to steal drugs and money.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.