Digest

CITY / COUNTY DIGEST

December 26, 2005

Prince George's:

Oxon Hill

Deep fryer fire displaces family

A family was left homeless after authorities said a Christmas Day attempt at deep frying a turkey went wrong. Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department investigators believe someone was using the deep fryer in the attached garage of a home when it caught fire. The flames then spread to the main house, causing $75,000 in damage and displacing the family.

Associated Press

Anne Arundel:

Annapolis

Man, 19, in hospital after being shot

A 19-year-old man was being treated yesterday after being shot Saturday evening in Annapolis. Police said Clarence Curtis Wright was shot in the groin and the armpit during an incident in the first block of College Creek Terrace, officials said. Wright, who had been taken to Anne Arundel Medical Center about 7:20 p.m., was transferred to Maryland Shock Trauma Center, where he was in critical but stable condition yesterday, police said.

Justin Fenton

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.