Man rescued from roof in Bethesda house fire

maryland news

December 11, 2005|By BALTIMORESUN.COM STAFF

Firefighters in Montgomery County are still on the scene of a house fire in Bethesda where a man had to be rescued from the roof of his home.

Fire and rescue spokesman Pete Piringer says the fire started around 6:30 this morning in the 4700 block of Maple Avenue.

About 70 firefighters had to be called to the scene of the fire, which is believed to have started due to an oil furnace malfunction in the basement.

There were also flammable materials being stored in the house, which helped fuel the fire and contributed to the estimated $500,000 dollars in damages.

The man has been taken to a local hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. No other injuries are being reported.

Originally published December 11, 2005, 9:51 AM EST

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.