Weekend shootings leave four men dead


Baltimore & Region

December 06, 2005|By RICHARD IRWIN

Three nights of violence in Baltimore have left four men dead and police seeking clues and suspects in connection with the apparently unrelated killings.

The spate of deaths brought the city's homicide total to 254 yesterday, compared with 264 at the same time last year, police said.

One man was shot Saturday and died Sunday, two were shot on Sunday night and another early Monday.

Rashard Thomas, 19, of the 1000 block of E. Biddle St. was the latest victim. He was shot in the head and chest about 1:05 a.m. yesterday in the 1200 block of Ensor St. in East Baltimore, said Agent Donny Moses, a city police spokesman.

Thomas was pronounced dead at the scene moments later by the crew of a city Fire Department ambulance, Moses said.

Three men died Sunday of gunshot wounds, including one who was shot on Saturday. Two were shot in the Pimlico area of Northwest Baltimore.

About 1 a.m. Saturday, a Northwestern District police officer was on patrol when he heard gunshots coming from the 3200 block of W. Belvedere Ave. between Park Heights and Denmore avenues.

The officer found Troy Marine, 30, of the 2900 block of Garrison Blvd., lying on the sidewalk with a head wound, Moses said.

Marine was taken to Sinai Hospital where he died Sunday.

Shortly before 10 p.m. Sunday, Northern District police responded to shots fired in the 3800 block of Ellerslie Ave. in Waverly and found a man lying outside the passenger's door of a Ford Windstar van that had come to rest on the curb. He had been shot in the upper torso, Moses said.

The 43-year-old victim was taken to Johns Hopkins Hospital, where he died about an hour later. Police withheld his name pending notification of family members.

Shortly after 8:30 p.m. Sunday, two men were shot in the 5200 block of Florence Ave. in Pimlico.

Mortally wounded, Raphael Grady, 18, made it to his home in the nearby 5200 block of Wilton Heights Ave., where police found him after a resident dialed 911, Moses said.

Grady died a short time later at Sinai Hospital. The other man suffered a leg wound and was treated at the same hospital. Police declined to release his name because he was a witness to the killing.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.