Carroll History

September 25, 2005|By SUN RESEARCHER SHELIA JACKSON

1813: Masons leave Pipe Creek

The Door to Virtue Lodge No. 46 of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons held its last meeting at Pipe Creek on Sept. 25, 1813. A temple had been built for the Masons in Uniontown. The Door to Virtue Lodge No. 46 of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons was chartered in Carroll County on Nov. 4, 1811. The lodge moved to Westminster in 1824. Meetings were held in the home of Jacob Shower until the charter was surrendered Oct. 21, 1827. The charter was restored Jan. 19, 1866.

[History of Western Maryland, Vol. 2 by J. Thomas Scharf and Carroll County Maryland: A History 1837-1976 by Nancy M. Warner.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.