Community Q&a

September 11, 2005

THE QUESTION: I've forgotten when and where I was born. How can I get a copy of my birth certificate?

People who were born in Maryland after 1941 can obtain a copy of their birth certificates at the county's Gateway Building, 7178 Columbia Gateway Drive. Certificates can be obtained for $20, and you must present a current photo identification card. Information: visit the county's Web site on this subject:

Send a question to and include your name, address and telephone number if you would like to have the question acknowledged in print.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.