This Month In County History

1939: First cruise of Bush River Boat Club

September 04, 2005

The first official cruise of the Bush River Boat Club took place on Sept. 10, 1939. The cruise went to Betterton. The fleet consisted of three cruisers, five speed boats and one sailboat. The club was founded on June 22, 1939. The club eventually became what is know today as the Bush River Yacht Club. The club boats more than 150 boats and about 300 members, according the treasurer Tom Dice.

Harford County Directory

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.