William Henry Wilson, 84, chemical firm executive

August 23, 2005

William Henry Wilson, a retired chemical company executive and active churchman, died of cancer Aug. 16 at Sinai Hospital. The Roland Park resident was 84.

Mr. Wilson was born and raised in Paterson, N.J., and earned his bachelor's degree from Princeton University in 1939. During World War II, he was a technical representative of Wright Aeronautical Co., assigned to the British Royal Air Force in India and Afghanistan.

After the war, he began his business career with Aluminum Company of America in Cleveland. Transferred to the company's Baltimore office in 1948, he was later promoted to vice president and general manager.

In 1962, he left the company and became vice president of Van Horn Metz & Co. Inc., and was sales manager for its Virginia and Maryland region. He retired in 1988.

Mr. Wilson was a 50-year communicant of Old St. Paul's Episcopal Church, where he had been a vestryman, senior warden and member of the finance committee.

He was a member of the Maryland Club, Saint Andrews Society and the men's committee of the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in the State of Maryland.

Plans for a memorial service were incomplete yesterday.

Surviving are his wife of 58 years, the former Harriett Marie Plaisted; and a son, Alexander D. Wilson of Shrewsbury, Pa.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.