A place to look if you suspect pension is owed

On The Web

Your Money

October 10, 2004

Punch up: www.pbgc.gov/search

Why it clicks: If you've ever wondered whether you or a family member should be collecting a pension, here's a place to start looking for lost funds.

The download: The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. has a searchable database to determine whether you are owed pension benefits, but only if your pension plan no longer exists because it was closed or was taken over by the PBGC.

You can search by your name, the company name or the pension plan sponsor, or the state where your company's headquarters was located. You can also track down benefits if you are a survivor of the person who should be drawing the pension.- Lorene Yue, Your Money

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.