Sister Hiltruda Brand, 91, educator in city schools

May 05, 2004

Sister Hiltruda Brand, a retired Northeast Baltimore parochial school principal and teacher, died Saturday of cardiovascular disease at her order's motherhouse in Aston, Pa. She was 91.

Born Alice Margaret Brand in Wilmington, Del., she entered the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia in 1931. She earned an English degree at Benedictine Heights College in Tulsa, Okla. She taught at numerous parochial schools. Her local assignments included St. Katharine of Siena School in East Baltimore in the 1930s and again in the 1960s. She taught at St. Elizabeth of Hungary School near Patterson Park in the early 1970s and was principal and a teacher at Shrine of the Little Flower School in Belair-Edison until 1975.

A Mass of Christian burial will be offered at 11 a.m. today in Aston.

Sister Hiltruda is survived by her sister, Marie O'Connor of Geneva, Ill.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.