Henry A. Arnold, 81, lawyer for BGE

March 23, 2004

Henry A. Arnold, a retired Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. lawyer who was active in Irish-American cultural organizations, died of heart failure Saturday at Franklin Square Hospital Center. He was 81, and had lived in Chase for the past decade.

Mr. Arnold was born and raised in the Raspeburg section of Baltimore County. He was a 1940 graduate of Polytechnic Institute, and earned a bachelor's degree in business management from the old Baltimore College of Commerce.

He served in the Army during World War II and remained in the reserves for 38 years, retiring as a chief warrant officer.

He began working with BGE in 1949 as a steamfitter while earning a law degree at the University of Baltimore School of Law. Mr. Arnold later joined the company's legal department, where he worked until retiring in 1987.

Mr. Arnold was a founding member of St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church's Old 10th Ward Club and served as its president.

He began working with the Baltimore Irish Festival years ago, and was chairman of its food committee.

His wife of 49 years, the former Eileen Dollinger, died in 1994.

Mr. Arnold was a daily communicant of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Church, 1704 Old Eastern Ave., Essex, where a Mass of Christian burial will be offered at 9 a.m. Thursday.

He is survived by a son, Michael Arnold of Stewartstown, Pa.; three daughters, Suzanne Johnson and Tracey Waltman, both of Raspeburg, and Patricia Earll of Chase; five grandsons; and a great-granddaughter.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.