2-alarm fire sends tenants into cold

January 23, 2004|BY A SUN STAFF WRITER

At least a dozen residents of a Lansdowne apartment building were forced out into the cold yesterday evening by a two-alarm fire that might have been started by a child playing with matches, authorities said.

No injuries were reported. Displaced residents were taken to Lansdowne Middle School and aided by the Red Cross.

The fire, reported at 6:30 p.m., began in the bedroom of a unit at the Lansdowne Garden Apartments in the 2400 block of Tionesta Road and spread to at least two adjacent apartments, the Fire Department said.

Firefighters from Howard County and Baltimore also battled the blaze.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.