Fire damages Dayton home

no one hurt

October 16, 2003|BY A SUN STAFF WRITER

A fire ravaged a Dayton farmhouse yesterday afternoon and displaced three adults and three children, though no one was home at the time, a Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services spokesman said.

Firefighters from the Fifth District Volunteer Fire Department in Clarksville noticed the burning home in the 4400 block of Linthicum Road as they were driving by. They started battling the fire about 2 p.m., spokesman Bill Mould said. Twenty-six firefighters brought the flames under control in 15 minutes, he said. No one was injured.

Mould said the three-bedroom home's first and second floors were significantly damaged. The suspected cause of the blaze was electrical.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.