Arundel Digest

Arundel Digest

April 22, 2003

Officials release description of men seen at crash site

Anne Arundel County police are seeking two men who fled from the scene of a single-vehicle crash Sunday in which the driver, a 33-year-old Crofton man, was found fatally shot in the head.

Police said witnesses have described one man as black, about 5 feet 7 inches tall, with a medium build, dark clothing and a white T-shirt. The other was described as black, about 6 feet tall, wearing a gray, hooded sweat shirt and a red T-shirt.

Aaron Kirk Howard of the 1800 block of Aberdeen Circle was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. It was the county's fifth homicide this year.

The Oldsmobile Howard was driving crossed the center line in the 600 block of Admiral Drive outside Annapolis and smashed into a tree at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Police said there were no skid marks at the scene.

Unidentified man found dead inside vehicle

A man was found dead late Saturday night in a Chevrolet Beretta parked in a driveway on Oakwood Road in Edgewater, county police said.

Police were trying yesterday to confirm the identity of the man, who appeared to be in his 40s.

Officer Charles Ravenell, a police spokesman, said there were no signs of foul play, but police are awaiting toxicology results and a ruling from the state medical examiner.

Suspect in double shooting surrenders to police

The man Annapolis police had been seeking in connection with a double shooting late last week turned himself in Sunday evening, said Officer Hal Dalton, a spokesman for the city police.

Travis Wesley Foster, 21, of the 200 block of W. Hilltop Lane has been charged with three counts of assault with attempt to murder and other charges. Two men, Albert Sublet, 22, of the 1300 block of Tyler Ave. and Timothy Leroy Fisher, 27, of the 1600 block of Forest Drive were shot after an altercation Thursday, police said.

Sublet and Fisher were driving away from Foster's home after a dispute that ended with angry words when two shots were fired, police said. A woman in the car was uninjured, police said.

Sublet was in critical condition yesterday at Maryland Shock Trauma Center, where he is being treated for a gunshot wound to the neck. Fisher, whose head was grazed by a bullet, was treated and released from Anne Arundel Medical Center.

Foster was being held without bail yesterday at the county detention center on Jennifer Road.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.