Irving Harrison Fisher, 72, judge in District Court

February 04, 2003

Irving Harrison Fisher, a retired judge of the Prince George's County District Court and former partner in the law firm of Fisher and Walcek, died of respiratory failure Sunday at his Potomac home. He was 82.

Judge Fisher was born in Baltimore and graduated in 1937 from City College.

He enlisted in the Army Signal Corps in 1937, and served in the Pacific during World War II. After the war, he enlisted in the Air Force and served as a manpower expert while earning a law degree in 1956 from the old Mount Vernon law school which later merged with the University of Baltimore.

He served with the Air Force Judge Advocates Corps from 1958 until 1962, when he was discharged with the rank of lieutenant colonel. That year, he established the firm of Fisher and Walcek in Oxon Hill.

He was appointed to the District Court in 1976 and retired in 1987.

Judge Fisher was a former president of Aytz Chaim Congregation in Temple Hills.

He was married for 39 years to the former Esther Sandler, who died in 1986.

Services will be held at 11 a.m. today at Washington Hebrew Congregation, 3935 Macomb St. N.W., Washington.

He is survived by his wife of 16 years, Berna Braunstein; two sons, Jeffrey B. Fisher of Upper Marlboro and Robert M. Fisher of Odenton; a daughter, Joyce D. Fisher of Rockville; a brother, Marvin Robert Fisher of Baltimore; a sister, Ruth Sandler of Baltimore; a stepson, Dr. Jerome P. Fisher of Kendall, Fla.; and eight grandchildren.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.