Baltimore man, 66, charged in assault of teen in 1970s

August 16, 2002|BY A SUN STAFF WRITER

A 66-year-old Northwest Baltimore man has been charged with sexually assaulting a 15-year-old inmate while working nearly three decades ago as a supervisor at a juvenile detention facility, state police reported yesterday.

Cecil D. Lott of the 3300 block of Dolfield Ave. was arrested Wednesday night at the Golden Ring barracks, and was charged with sodomy and perverted sex practices, police said. He was released yesterday from the Baltimore County Detention Center on $50,000 bail, detention officials said.

Last month, investigators received information from the victim, now 44, that he had been sexually abused in 1973 and 1974 at the Maryland Training School for Boys in Cub Hill, now the Charles H. Hickey Jr. School.

Lt. Bud Frank, a police spokesman, said investigators are working to determine if other boys were abused during that period at the reform school.

"We don't know if this was an isolated case between these two individuals or an ongoing situation," Frank said.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.