Taneytown man, 50, dies of burns suffered in July fire

August 07, 2002

A Taneytown man who was seriously burned in a fire last month in his home has died, authorities said yesterday.

Paul Jacob Woloshun, 50, died Monday at Baltimore Regional Burn Center at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, according to the state fire marshal's office.

Woloshun suffered third-degree burns over a large area of his body July 17 when he tried to repair a gas stove in his mobile home in the 5500 block of Taneytown Pike.

Monica Dempsey, 42, who was in the home when the fire broke out, suffered minor injuries.

She was flown to Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, where she was treated and released, according to the fire marshal's office.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.