Electrical problem suspected in fatal fire

November 01, 2001

Baltimore County fire investigators said yesterday that an "electrical malfunction" apparently started the fire in a Lansdowne house that killed a man and three children Tuesday morning.

Lt. Vernon S. Adamson, a spokesman for the county Fire Department, said the investigation continues, but officials do not believe the fire was of suspicious origin. Officials said Tuesday that the fire apparently started on the first floor, near the kitchen.

Henry Walter Atkins, 24, his son, Nikolas Henry Atkins, 1, and his fiancee's two children, Forrest Levere Wrightson, 3, and Micah Edwin Forrest Wrightson, 4, were killed in the fire in the 900 block of Catawba Court in the Riverview development.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.