A 40-year-old Baltimore County man was transported to Maryland Shock Trauma Center for injuries suffered in a house fire yesterday.
Baltimore County fire officials said the man was on the second floor of a townhouse in the unit block of Palmerston Court when the fire started shortly before 11 yesterday morning.
The one-alarm fire was brought under control in less than an hour, but the man, whose name was being withheld by fire officials, was being treated for smoke inhalation in Shock Trauma's hyperbaric chamber. Fire officials said the townhouse is a group home operated by an organization called Center for Social Change.
In an unrelated incident, Baltimore County firefighters were called to the Salvation Army thrift store at Brenbrook Drive and Liberty Road at 2 a.m. yesterday for a fire that went to three alarms, an apparent arson.
The blaze caused an estimated $350,000 in damage to the structure and the contents of the store.