Johnson rejoins school board race after health scare

April 26, 2000|By Jackie Powder | Jackie Powder,SUN STAFF

After suspending his school board candidacy last week because of health problems, Steven H. Johnson said yesterday that he is back in the running for the board seat from south county.

The candidate said he will participate in the third and final public hearing for school board candidates, scheduled for 7 tonight at Arundel High School.

"I'm looking forward to being back in the campaign and am more than prepared to serve on the board," said Johnson, a management consultant from Annapolis.

The candidate pulled out of the race last week, saying that he was awaiting doctors' recommendations regarding his continued weight loss. Johnson said the weight loss was related to modifications he made in his diet last year.

"I think I was overreacting last week, and I feel a little foolish in retrospect," he said. "But I would rather feel foolish than be seriously sick."

Johnson, who missed the second candidates' public hearing last week, said he welcomes phone calls or e-mail from people with questions about his positions on education issues.

Johnson can be reached at 410-280-5066, or by e-mail at stevenhjohnson@juno.com.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.