Tax questions

April 15, 2000

Members of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants are answering readers' tax questions in advance of Monday's filing deadline.

How do you get back a minor child's excess tax payments?

You must file a federal return to get a refund of federal taxes. For Maryland taxes that were overwithheld, you can use the Special Refund Request Form 123 to get back a minor child's excess tax payments.

Carol Katz, CPA, Leonard J. Miller & Associates, Chtd.

The above advice is for general purposes only and is not intended as legal, accounting or tax advice.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.