Boy suffers smoke inhalation in fire caused by air conditioner

August 05, 1999

A 12-year-old boy suffered smoke inhalation yesterday in a fire at a two-story duplex in Taneytown, authorities said.

A faulty window air conditioner caused the fire, which began in a second-floor bedroom on Courier Court, officials said.

The boy discovered the fire when he was awakened at 11: 16 a.m. by a smoke detector, state fire marshals said.

The boy, who was not named, and two occupants fled the house.

Firefighters from Taneytown, Harney and Union Bridge took 15 minutes to extinguish the blaze, which caused an estimated $45,000 worth of damage.

The boy was taken by ambulance to Carroll County General Hospital, fire marshals said.

The other occupants, Robert and Tammy Delph, were not injured.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.