They say the best kind of boat is the kind that belongs to a good friend: They shoulder all the work and expense and you get to share in the pleasure.
If you haven't got a friend with a boat this summer, check these books out at your local library. And sail away!
* "Time of Wonder," by Robert McCloskey
* "Boats," by Anne Rockwell
* "Harbor," by Donald Crews
* "Sailing With the Wind," by Thomas Locker
* "My Blue Boat," by Chris L. Demarest
* "Henry the Sailor Cat," by Mary Calhoun
* "I Love Boats," by Flora McDonnell
* "Boats," by Jan Pienkowski
-- Courtesy Barnes & Noble Annapolis Harbour Center