Audrey M. Holdefer, 73, ceramics teacher

May 31, 1999

Audrey M. Holdefer, a former ceramics teacher and owner of a Fullerton ceramics shop, died Wednesday of cancer at her Mays Chapel home. She was 73.

Mrs. Holdefer, who taught ceramics in the basement of her home in the Campus Hills section of Baltimore County, opened Audrey's Ceramic Workshop on Harford Road in 1963. In 1968, she moved to a larger building in Fullerton. She sold the business in 1980.

A bridge player for more than 50 years, she was awarded Life Master status by the American Contract Bridge League in 1996. She also taught the game.

She was a longtime volunteer at the Towson Crisis Pregnancy Center, the Baltimore County Office of Aging, where she worked in the Friendly Visitor Program, and the gift shop at Stella Maris Hospice.

The former Audrey Morrison was born in Elsmere, Del., and moved to Hamilton in 1930. She was a 1943 graduate of Eastern High School.

She served on the altar guild and a committee that helped resettle refugees at Trinity Episcopal Church, 120 Allegheny Ave., Towson, where services were set for 10 a.m. tomorrow.

She is survived by her husband, George W. Holdefer, whom she married in 1945; a son, David W. Holdefer of Columbia; a daughter, Judy A. Franz of Owings Mills; and four grandchildren.

Pub Date: 5/31/99

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.