Captain Salem Avery House announces summer hours

May 10, 1999

The Captain Salem Avery House Museum at 1418 E. West Shady Side Road will be open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays through September, in addition to its Sunday hours.

In expectation of increased visitors, the Shady Side Rural Heritage Society, which operates the museum, has mounted an exhibit on the early history of the area. Panels have been placed around the exhibit room depicting the evolution of the log canoe, the arrival of watermen, boat building in Shady Side, conflicts on the Chesapeake Bay, and a winter day in the swamp.

The museum's Sunday hours are 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. through December.

Information: 301-261-5234.

Tip Line

If you have information for the South County report, please call Kirsten Scharnberg at 410-315-8942 during the day or leave a message on the tip line after hours.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.