Tax questions

April 02, 1999

Members of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants are answering readers' tax questions through April 15.

What happens if you mail your return with W-2s attached and are due a refund but forgot to include one of the schedules?

You may receive a notice from the IRS asking for additional information to process your return. It could delay your refund. I would recommend waiting to hear from the IRS, then responding to its request for the schedule, if and when it comes. You can call the IRS at 800-829-4277 to check on the status of your return, or call an IRS representative directly at 800-829-1040.

James Wilhelm, CPA, Koehler, Sparks & Hammond

The above advice is for general purposes only and is not intended as legal, accounting or tax advice. Specific situations may vary.

Pub Date: 4/02/99

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.