Boy, 3, hurt in fire in critical condition

February 25, 1999|BY A SUN STAFF WRITER

A 3-year-old Salisbury boy remained in critical condition last night at a Baltimore hospital, where he was being treated for burns and smoke inhalation he suffered in a fire he started at his home, said a spokesman for the state fire marshal's office.

Allen Gosnell said Jason Bolin Jr. of the 300 block of Hammond St. was alone in his mother's bedroom about noon playing with matches and set the bed on fire. A baby sitter, Jared M. Waller, 21, tried to rescue Jason but was driven back by smoke, Gosnell said.

Pub Date: 2/25/99

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.