100 years ago

November 15, 1998|By Robert M. Pennington from the archives of the Ann Arrundell County Historical Society.

A mailbag fell off the platform at Annapolis Junction and was run over by an express train. The fragments were collected and sent to Annapolis where clerks are trying to ascertain the FTC addresses. -- The Sun, Nov. 1, 1898.

The canning house owned by the Patuxent Preserving and Canning Company was destroyed by fire. -- The Sun, Nov. 1, 1898.

Compiled by Robert M. Pennington from the archives of the Ann Arrundell County Historical Society.

Pub Date: 11/15/98

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.