Columbia Clyde's shut 10-14 days because of fire

November 03, 1998|By Jill Hudson Neal | Jill Hudson Neal,SUN STAFF

Clyde's Restaurant in Columbia will be closed for at least 10 days because of a fire that began in the kitchen ductwork Saturday night.

Two restaurant employees suffered smoke inhalation during the two-alarm blaze and were taken to Howard County General Hospital for observation. The employees, Mike Wagner, 48, and Dina Elsa Consteneda, 36, were released that night.

The fire began about 9: 15 p.m. on Halloween in the ductwork over a stove and smoke quickly spread throughout the restaurant, according to Beverly Bruckus, a spokeswoman for Clyde's and the Tomato Palace, which is next door to Clyde's in the 10200 block of Wincopin Circle.

Employees and restaurant patrons were evacuated immediately as were customers in the Tomato Palace.

Clyde's will be closed 10 days to two weeks for repairs, Bruckus said. She said the Tomato Palace will be open for extended hours during that period.

Howard County fire officials are investigating the blaze.

Pub Date: 11/03/98

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.