A two-alarm fire last night damaged the interior of American Legion Post No. 22's building in the 100 block of York Road, a few blocks south of Towson's main business district.
A Baltimore County Fire Department spokesman said the fire apparently began in the kitchen and quickly spread to the second-floor attic of the two-story brick and concrete building.
The spokesman said people were in the building when the fire was reported at 11: 23 p.m. but no injuries were reported. The second alarm was sounded at 11: 43 p.m., and the fire was declared under control at 12: 11 a.m., the spokesman said.
More than a dozen pieces of fire equipment from stations at Towson, Hillendale, Lutherville, Providence, Brooklandville, Texas and Fullerton responded. County police detoured York Road traffic away from the fire, which is under investigation.
Pub Date: 7/22/98