Preakness Celebration '98, Maryland's weeklong festival building up to the Preakness Stakes race Saturday, is under way. Today's events:
* Sunrise at Old Hilltop. Pimlico Race Course opens its doors for a guided tour of the stable area and backstretch, 6 a.m.-9 a.m. through tomorrow. Free. Call: (410) 542-9400.
* Preakness Crab Derby. Sports and media celebrities select a crab to race at Lexington Market. 12: 30 p.m. Free. Call: (410) 685-6169.
* Preakness Pub. Jockeys from Pimlico Race Course tend bar for charity 5 p.m.-8 p.m. at the Orioles Bar in the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel. Free admission; drink prices vary.
* Bud Light Nights. Mix 106.5-FM presents Evan & Gerard and Love Seed Mama Jump as part of the Water Street concert series. 5 p.m. $3 admission; 21 and over only.
* Triple Crown Ball. A black-tie charity gala benefiting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Cocktails (6: 30 p.m.), dinner (7: 30 p.m.) and dancing to live music. Hyatt Regency Baltimore. Tickets are $275 a person. Call: 410-771-9000.
For more information and to confirm times: 410-837-3030.
Pub Date: 5/14/98