Owen Brown apartment fire routs 16 occupants no one seriously hurt

March 19, 1998|By Jill Hudson | Jill Hudson,SUN STAFF

A small fire in an apartment building in Columbia's Owen Brown village forced 16 residents from their homes yesterday evening but caused no serious injuries, a spokesman for Howard County Fire and Rescue said.

Nine apartments were damaged, some extensively, a fire board dispatcher said.

About 7: 20 p.m., flames were reported from the second and third floors of the Chimneys of Cradlerock Apartments in the 6500 block of Quiet Hours Court, said Capt. Chris Shimer. Three occupants of one apartment were taken to Howard County General Hospital. Norman Robinson, 43, suffered hand burns, Shimer said. Tammy Carter, 34, and Khalil Hill, 1, possibly suffered smoke inhalation, Shimer said.

The blaze apparently was started by a grease fire.

Pub Date: 3/19/98

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.