WASHINGTON - The F. Leonard Wailes Law Office at 116-118 E. Main St. in the central business area of Salisbury has been named to the National Register of Historic Places.
The law office is one of the last survivors of an October 1886 fire that leveled most of the city's business district.
It is architecturally significant for its early 20th-century law office design and incorporates neo-federal elements into an urban townhouse form, according to National Register documents.
The office, a two-story, four-bay brick building with a slate roof, was built in 1927 by Salisbury architect W. Twilley Malone. It stands across from the Wicomico County Courthouse in a line of early to mid-20th- century commercial buildings.
Pub Date: 2/02/98