Taxpayers can learn if they are owed refunds

December 10, 1997|BY A SUN STAFF WRITER

State and federal officials have posted the names of 3,500 people due tax refunds on the state's World Wide Web page.

Refund checks are often returned to state and federal officials because taxpayers move or change their names and fail to notify the federal Internal Revenue Service or the state comptroller's office. Anyone expecting a refund from 1996 or a previous year may check the Web site at Taxpayers may call the IRS at 410-962-2590, or the state comptroller at 410-974-3701 in Central Maryland or 800-218-8160 elsewhere.

Pub Date: 12/10/97

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.