Mother, three children unhurt in fire that destroys house

December 01, 1997

Problems with electrical wiring in a garage apparently caused a weekend fire that destroyed a home near Manchester as a mother and three children fled to safety, the state fire marshal's office said yesterday.

After smelling smoke from her garage, Bonnie Pennington alerted the children in their second-floor rooms Saturday night, authorities said.

The two-story house in the 3100 block of Eckard Road was destroyed, despite the efforts of about 50 firefighters who responded to the fire at 8: 50 p.m. Pennington's husband, Stanley, and another child were not home.

Fire

Lineboro: Firefighters responded to a fire alarm in the 4100 block of E. Main St. at 4: 35 a.m. Friday. Units were out 10 minutes.

Pub Date: 12/01/97

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.