Westminster man gets 18 months for assault

November 20, 1997

A Westminster man was sentenced yesterday to 18 months in the Carroll County Detention Center for assaulting a woman with a knife and hammer in January.

Wayne Owens-Bey, 24, pleaded not guilty in September, but agreed not to contest the prosecutor's version of what happened at 99 Charles St. in Westminster.

Circuit Judge Francis M. Arnold found Owens-Bey guilty and, according to the plea agreement, suspended all but 18 months of a five-year term with credit allowed for 33 days served.

When released, Owens-Bey will be placed on four years' probation and may have no contact with the victim, a Westminster woman.

Arnold also imposed a 30-day suspended sentence on Owens-Bey for an unrelated charge of battery, which occurred in September 1996 in Westminster.


Reese: Firefighters responded at 8: 12 p.m. Tuesday to an auto leaking gasoline in the 1000 block of Baltimore Blvd. Units were out 15 minutes.

Westminster: Firefighters from Reese assisted Westminster at 8: 26 p.m. Tuesday, responding to smoke in a house in the first block of Pennsylvania Ave. Units were out 38 minutes.


Westminster: A resident of Stacy Lee Drive told police Monday that a videocassette recorder was stolen from his home. The loss was estimated at $300.

Westminster: A Silver Court resident told police Monday that someone threw a rock through a window. Damage was estimated at $250.

Westminster: A resident of Washington Road told police Tuesday that money was stolen from her wallet while she was dining at Burger King in Crossroads Shopping Center. The loss was estimated at $118.

Westminster: A resident of Crossbridge Drive told police Tuesday that golf clubs were stolen from his front porch. The loss was estimated at $800.

Pub Date: 11/20/97

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.