Second Blaze Destroys House Being Remodeled After Nov. Fire

Damage Estimated At More Than $300,000

April 25, 1997|By Jill Hudson | Jill Hudson,SUN STAFF

A fire early yesterday in Columbia's Wilde Lake village burned down a house that was being remodeled because of damage sustained in a previous fire that almost destroyed the dwelling last November.

Yesterday's fire was discovered about 1: 25 a.m. when Howard County police noticed a glow in the night sky.

County firefighters found the single-family house in the 5100 block of Flower Tuft Court engulfed in flames when they arrived, according to Lt. Chris Cangemi, a spokesman for the Department of Fire and Rescue.

The fire was brought under control within 30 minutes, Cangemi said, but caused more than $300,000 in damage.

According to Frank Rauschenberg, deputy state fire marshal, the house is owned by Jesse and Sylvia Ingram, who had been living in Long Reach village since November and were planning to move back to their Wilde Lake home in four weeks.

The fire marshal's office determined that the November fire -- caused by hot ashes left in the attached garage -- was accidental.

Yesterday's fire is under investigation.

Pub Date: 4/25/97

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.