William E. Curbean, 52, Northrop Grumman workerWilliam...

March 23, 1997

William E. Curbean, 52, Northrop Grumman worker

William Edward Curbean, 52, a Northrop Grumman technician and lifelong Baltimore resident, died of a heart attack March 14.

Mr. Curbean, who lived in Northeast Baltimore, was a 1963 graduate of Dunbar High School and attended Catonsville Community College. He had worked for Westinghouse since 1976 and stayed when its Linthicum operation was acquired by Northrop Grumman Corp. last year.

He is survived by his wife of seven months, the former Regina Lowman; a daughter and son from a previous marriage, Jocelyn Renee Curbean and William Derrick Curbean, both of Baltimore; four sisters, Annie Mae Johns, Marion Curbean, Evelyn Curbean and Sallie Mason, all of Baltimore; a brother, Arthur Ronnie Curbean of Baltimore; and five grandchildren.

Services were March 19.

Susan Louise Alexander, a dietitian who moved to Maryland last month from Cherry Hill, N.J., to take a job at Deaton Hospital in Baltimore, died of viral pneumonia Wednesday at Johns Hopkins Hospital. She was 23.

Miss Alexander graduated last year from the University of Delaware, where she was on the dean's list. While a student, she won numerous academic awards, worked with the needy and became a registered dietitian.

She had moved to Glen Burnie, where she joined the Glen Burnie Evangelical Presbyterian Church and began leading a Bible study youth group, said a brother, Robert W. Alexander of South Hamilton, Mass.

Yesterday, she was to have been the maid of honor at a wedding of friends in Delaware. "The day before she went into the hospital, she finished a cross stitch for [the bride and groom] with a Bible verse," said her brother. It reads, "This is the day

that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

She is also survived by her parents, William and Carolyn Alexander of Cherry Hill; another brother, James Brian Alexander of Dublin, Pa.; a sister, Joy Carolyn Alexander of Cherry Hill; her maternal and paternal grandmothers; and her fiance, Peter G. Byrnes of Millersville.

A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. tomorrow at First United Methodist Church in Collingswood, N.J.

Rosalie "Letty" Noctor, 87, ran manicure shop

Rosalie "Letty" Noctor, a Baltimore homemaker and former tTC manicurist who sang popular songs in area nightclubs during the 1930s and 1940s, died of pneumonia Friday at Good Samaritan Hospital. She was 87.

She was born Rosalie Trexler in Cresson, Pa., and moved to Baltimore in the 1920s. She operated a downtown manicure shop for about 10 years before she married James M. Noctor in 1943.

The couple moved in 1962 to Gardenville in Northeast Baltimore, where they raised three children. Mr. Noctor died in 1968.

Active in Baltimore's Irish Catholic community, Mrs. Noctor performed Irish songs as a member of St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church in East Baltimore when it put on annual St. Patrick's Day shows. She was especially known for her

rendition of "Second Hand Rose," said a son, Jim Noctor of Baltimore.

She is also survived by two daughters, Patricia Minger of Baltimore and Margaret N. Oshida of Towson; a brother, John Trexler of Pennsylvania; and three grandchildren.

A funeral Mass will be offered at 10 a.m. tomorrow at St. Anthony's Roman Catholic Church, 4414 Frankford Ave.

Pub Date: 3/23/97

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.