Overheating hair roller causes fire at Lineboro home

February 20, 1997

A fire that caused $15,000 damage to a home on Dusty Lane in Lineboro yesterday morning was attributed to a hair roller overheating, authorities said.

Sharon Berdeal Hill discovered the fire when her smoke detector activated about 8: 30 a.m. She tried to put out the fire with a towel and suffered a minor wrist burn.

Firefighters from Lineboro, Hampstead, Manchester and York County, Pa., contained the blaze, which did an estimated $5,000 in damage to the home's contents and $10,000 to the house.

Hill helped confine the fire to one room by closing the door where the fire started, officials said.

Dump truck driver ticketed after collision with pickup

A Manchester man was ticketed for allegedly driving a county dump truck through a stop sign and striking a pickup truck Tuesday at an intersection at the Pennsylvania state line.

State police at Westminster reported only property damage in the accident, which occurred at Grave Run Road and Schalk Road No. 1, east of Lineboro, at 10: 20 a.m.

The dump truck, driven by Joseph P. Dantoni II, was on Schalk Road when it collided with a pickup truck driven by Carl E. Kemp, 34, of Glen Rock, Pa., who was traveling on Grave Run Road.

Dantoni, 43, of the 3300 block of Lineboro Road, was charged with failing to obey the stop sign.

Pub Date: 2/20/97

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.