$100,000 in damage caused by fireA fire yesterday in the...

November 26, 1996

$100,000 in damage caused by fire

A fire yesterday in the garage of a Wilde Lake village family that caused about $100,000 in damage probably was caused by improperly discarded ashes, the State Fire Marshal said.

No one was hurt in the incident.

Jesse Ingram, who lives in the 5100 block of Flowertuft Court, discovered the fire about 10: 01 a.m. when he heard a crackling noise coming from his two-car garage, the Fire Marshal said.

The blaze probably was started by ashes from a wood-burning stove placed in the garage, the Fire Marshal said.

Police log

Hickory Ridge: 6000 Loventree Drive: A blue 1988 Chevy Caprice with Maryland license number YZG 766 was stolen Saturday.

Pub Date: 11/26/96

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.