Peter Troilo (C. Milton Wright) scored the game-winner in the first half as visiting Loyola (5-3-2, 3-0) edged past Niagara (3-5-1, 1-1), 1-0, yesterday in a Metro Atlantic Conference soccer game.
Joe Schafer made six saves for the shutout.
* Radford 2, UMBC 0: Reserves Eric Ruano and Derek Zimmerman scored a goal each, as visiting Radford (6-6-1, 2-1) defeated UMBC (4-6, 1-2), 2-0, in a Big South Conference contest.
Ruano converted a header from eight yards out at 36: 06, and Zimmerman scored off an indirect kick.
* Johns Hopkins 1, Muhlenberg 0: Freshman John Del Monaco scored four minutes into the game as the Blue Jays (7-1-1, 3-0) shut out the Mules (7-3-1, 3-1) in a Centennial Conference game.
The victory was Hopkins sixth straight, while Keith Millman recorded his fifth shutout of the season.
* Holy Cross 3, Navy 0: Jake McDowell scored a goal and added an assist as Holy Cross (1-5-1) cruised past visiting Navy (4-6-1).
* Mount St. Mary's 2, St. Francis (N.Y.) 0: Mark Southern assisted on goals by Brian Haygood and John Burke as the Mountaineers (6-4-1, 3-1) won a Northeast Conference game over the Terriers (5-4, 3-1).
Mount St. Mary's goalkeeper Eric McPhee recorded his sixth shutout of year as the Mount snapped a three-game losing streak.
* Mary Washington 1, Goucher 0: Jason Fusaro scored the goal at 78: 09 off a defensive miscue as the Eagles (7-2, 3-0) won a Capital Athletic Conference game.
* Salisbury State 3, York 1: Mark MaGuire scored his first two goals of the season in the opening half to lead the Seagulls (5-3-2, 3-0) to their sixth straight win. Mike Guiffrida (Fallston) added an insurance goal for Salisbury in the second half.
Towson State 8, Robert Morris 0: Christi Landi had two goals and an assist as the Tigers (6-4) set a single-game scoring record with eight goals. Landi scored both of her goals in the first half as Towson led 6-0 at intermission.
The Tigers outshot the Colonials (0-9) 49-1.
* Navy 2, Lehigh 1: Carrie Dalton and Kristen Riismandel (Wilde Lake) each scored goals to lift Navy (6-2) over host Lehigh.
* Salisbury 3, St. Mary's 0: The Seagulls (10-5), ranked No. 5 in the Mid-Atlantic region, got goals in each half from Ristelle James on the way to victory. Salisbury outshot St. Mary's (4-5) 12-4.
* Frostburg State 11, Trinity College 0: Erin Forbes and Erin Hawley each scored a hat trick to power host Frostburg State (6-3-1) over Trinity College (0-7). Frostburg State outshot Trinity, 32-2.
Johns Hopkins 3, Haverford 1: Alexis Pennotti scored a goal in each half as the Blue Jays (6-3, 3-2) edged host Haverford in a Centennial Conference game.
* Catholic 2, College of Notre Dame 1, 2OT: Sarah Solari scored the game-winner with eight minutes left in the second overtime period to lift host Catholic (4-6) over College of Notre Dame (8-3). Jenn McCormack gave Catholic a 1-0 lead before Tinah Houck knotted the score before the half.
* Salisbury State 4, York 0: Sue Fatz scored 1: 29 into the game to lead a foursome of single-goal scorers as visiting Salisbury State (8-1, 2-0) past York (4-4, 1-1) in a Capital Athletic Conference game.
Pub Date: 10/06/96